Within the world of higher education, it has become increasingly evident that the process of learning for adults is substantially different. The adult learner has a unique set of skills and needs that require different learning strategies. Students are seeking more engaging and interactive ways to learn. Sun Workplace Solutions can help you meet these educational needs by developing courses and/or programs that are customized for your institution and student demographic.
Effective and efficient management of the education department is critical to any school in meeting successful student outcomes and organizational goals. Higher education has become a highly competitive market and attracting, retaining, and developing faculty is a necessary function to keep students in class and engaged.
Let Sun Workplace Solutions help you achieve operational excellence.
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT OPERATIONS
- Evaluate and assess academic department, staff/faculty training needs, and campus operational needs
- Strategic planning for course revisions or new course implementation (costs, timelines, market)
- Academic policies and procedures (review and construct written policies and standard operating procedures)
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) system development and training
- Introduce or update systems and methods in place for student retention
- Develop and Implement student advisement procedures
- Student handbook preparation and/or review
- CampusVue usage, training, and procedure guide preparation
- Review transfer credit, independent study, externship, and experiential learning policies and procedures
- Evaluate clock or credit hours awarded for accuracy and efficacy
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION / CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT
- Determine program viability and curriculum relevance
- Program updates and curriculum development (Analyze, Design, Develop, Implement, and Evaluate)
- Syllabi, lesson plan, and rubric production using student-centered adult learning methodologies
- Develop instructional strategies, learning objectives, assessment instruments, and course assignments
- Prepare system of full-scope evaluation or individual methods of evaluation: formative, summative, confirmative, and meta
- Textbook review and selection including instructor resources and training materials
- Evaluate faculty credentials and qualifications for appropriate course assignments
- Assist in faculty file organization and maintenance procedure
- Develop faculty recruitment, hiring, and orientation processes
- Create system of faculty onboarding for new-to-teaching and seasoned faculty
- Faculty handbook review and/or development
- Prepare faculty compensation sliding scale and adjunct contracts
- Assist in preparation of faculty professional development plans
- Prepare and present customized in-service training sessions (ex. Methods of teaching adults, diversity in education, classroom management, retention of adult learners, and more…)
- Provide instructional tools and organization of instructor resources for ease of use
Additional services available upon request.
Customization to meet the needs of the client is a top priority.